A Cincinnati native, Paul attended St Xavier Jesuit High School. On graduation he matriculated to the University of Notre Dame where he majored in American Studies with concentrations in History and Communications.
While there he was a columnist for the Notre Dame Observer, and a writer and features contributor for the Niles (Mich.) Daily Star. He also was a broadcaster for Notre Dame football, basketball and hockey.
A 1981 graduate of The Ohio State University College of Law, Paul has practiced law in the workers’ compensation field for 37 years, and has been a guest lecturer on various relevant legal topics as well as a Moot Court Advisor and judge at OSU Law School.
An avid sports enthusiast, Paul is the father of two wonderful adult daughters, and the proud “Pops” to his one year old granddaughter.
- The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D. 1981
- University of Notre Dame, Bachelor of Arts, History, Minor, Communications/Journalism
- Bar Admissions:
- State: Ohio
- Federal: U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- Federal: U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- Member, American Bar Association
- Moot Court Advisor/Judge, The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
CIVIC/CHARITABLE ACTIVITIES AND ASSOCIATIONS
- Advisor, Central Ohio Autism Speaks
- Youth Coach/Mentor, North Columbus Sports Association