Alan G. Ross
Phone: (216) 643-4506
Fax: (216) 447-1554
Alan is a partner and one of the founders of Ross, Brittain & Schonberg and has served as President since the firm's inception. In leading the firm's labor practice, Alan is active in both NLRB representation and unfair labor practice proceedings. He is also a key figure in union organizing campaigns and collective bargaining agreement negotiations. In his career, he has handled over 1,000 construction industry jobsite disputes and has negotiated over 100 collective bargaining agreements.
Alan has tried numerous labor and related cases in both state and federal courts, as well as in various administrative agencies. As such, he is an avid litigator in all labor-related matters, including the Davis-Bacon Act, the Ohio Prevailing Wage Law, NLRA and the FLSA.
His labor experience began in 1975 as a field attorney with the National Labor Relations Board. Since 1978, he has served as General Counsel for the Northern Ohio Chapter of Associated Builders & Contractors, Inc. He also has co-authored both the Ohio Prevailing Wage Law Compliance Manual and the Jobsite Labor Law Handbook. Since 2004, Alan has been named by his peers as one of Ohio's "Super Lawyers". The law firm, under Alan's leadership has been recognized by Martindale-Hubbell in its Bar Registry of Preeminent Lawyers.
- J.D., Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, 1975, cum laude.
- Actively participated in Moot Court while at Cleveland-Marshall.
- Received the American Jurisprudence Award in Labor Law.
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1971, cum laude.
- Member, American Bar Association, labor law section.
- Member, Ohio Bar Association, labor law section.
- Member, Cleveland Bar Association, labor law section.
- General Counsel, Northern Ohio Chapter of Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc.
Meet Our Legal Team